Virus Management Newsletter
How to maintain your immune function and lower your chances of contracting a virus
1. Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 30 seconds.
2. Avoid crowds.
3. Maximize your nutrition.
3a. Limit simple sugars and sodas.
3b. Intake spicy foods and soups. These are easy to digest and spices such as cayenne and schezuwan Chinese spices will stimulate the lymphatic system to rid the lungs of debris.
3c. Take Vitamin C with Zinc Lozenges 2-3 per day for maintenance, double to 6 a day if symptomatic. A good multivitamin can keep your immune system "tuned up"
4. GET ADJUSTED! Studies indicate regular spinal manipulation will increase "respiratory burst" Which is a fancy term for improved immune function by phagocytosis. (Mobilization of white blood cells to kill viruses)
5. Use an air purifier in your homes. The proper air purifier can kill fungi and viruses in the home atmosphere.
Also, make sure you change air filters frequently. Use HEPA filters if you are an at-risk person. (Elderly, nursing home/assisted living, liver disease, or poor immune function/ on anti-rejection drugs.)
6. Exercise in the fresh air.
Limit the use of heater, which can dry mucous membranes, which leads to easier virus transmission.
7. Over the counter remedies such as Zycam, Airborne, and at our office, homeopathic remedies such as Biocidin can be helpful as well.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please talk to Dr. Golden